Managing Partner, Head of Engineering
Jeremy doesn’t believe there’s repeatable process for writing high-quality software. He sees software as a human expression. Empathy for the engineers on his team comes first. He believes the best code is written by people who care about what they do. He knows it’s not a combination of tickets, bug reports, cards, and story points.
Jeremy’s software has served hundreds of millions of users and generated millions of dollars of revenue. Here are a few of his notable projects:
- Architected, evangelized, and implemented the modernization of a Mail, Contacts, and Calendaring platform used by over 500 million people around the world.
- An article analysis tool that generates financial insights using natural language processing, Wikipedia, Wikidata, and Bloomberg. A feat accomplished inside the browser, with no dynamic server or API.
- A music streaming service that modernized a 10-year-old store and reached millions of users.
- Freezer cooking software to combine recipes into a shopping list and single cook day to feed a family of four for a month.
- Custom-built reverse-engineering tools to aid in the analysis of malicious software.
Jeremy enjoys balancing code with daily walks in the woods while eating his trademark breakfast: a handful of raw almonds.